Today was my first day of Art 220;Concept Development, where we went over what is going to be learned and the outcomes of the theachings of this class. Before we went over the syllabus, our teacher, Mr. Jimmy Moss started off the class with an icebreaker; 2 truths and a lie game. At first I thought this was to get to get to know everyone in a fun way but it started getting more strange than i thought. While playing I notice evryone was thinking rationally instead of thinking out of the box. (Example : One boy got up and told three statements; He loves the Lakers, he speaks 3 different languages and he hates cats.) Of course many people thought that he speaking in 3 different languages was a lie but it actually was the Lakers because his hat, though it was turned to the side, had the Rockets symbol on it.
Once we finished the game, turned out there was more to it then I thought. One of the subjects that was decribed to be in the course was persuasion and presentaion. There, Jimmy Moss explained that the game wasn't just to get to know everyone but to see how good a person can persuade and present the lie whether it was movement in hands, eye movement and so on. I thought for the first day that it was pretty accurate. Thats how my first day went in Art 220 concept development.
No comments:
Post a Comment